Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Why isn't libwireshark.def autogenerated?

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1 () gmx net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:55:58 +0100

"Gerald Combs" <gerald () wireshark org> wrote in
message news:4D0FEC6C.4080101 () wireshark org...
On 12/19/10 4:49 AM, Andreas wrote:

When we have an API definition in the header file, this will allow us to
add the doxygen documentation of that API at the same point.

Is it possible to generate simple text files with Doxygen? That is, if
we added an "@api" alias and created the required comment blocks could
we then generate our .sym and .def files using Doxygen?

I dont think that doyxgen is a tool intended to generate source files. There
are already other tools like sed, grep, awk that can do the job much better.

But it is a big venue to have the API tag in the header files as well as the
comments for the doxygen documentation.

--
Andy