Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Why isn't libwireshark.def autogenerated?

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 01:52:14 +0100

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 06:48:09PM -0500, Gregory Seidman wrote:
And vice versa: symbols listed in headers should be exported.

No.

I would argue that if a function is in a header file in epan or
epan/dissectors, it is part of the public API. Perhaps only headers in epan
and packet-*.h headers in epan/dissectors. It's not that every non-static
symbol should be exported, but that every symbol declared in a header file
is part of the public API and should therefore be exported.

Definitely not. There are many uses for include files for internal APIS that
may change without notice.
Includes regarding the official APIs can be found in
epan/include/, wiretap/include/ and wsutil/include/. Oh, they don't exist.
Go figure.

Ciao
     Joerg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>