Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Automatic test for a dissector DLL

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1 () gmx net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:54:47 +0100

"Douglas Wood" <doug.wood () ieee org> wrote in message
news:37D3213E-8407-4AC8-9149-EA6BBF68EC68 () ieee org...
But, wireshark is organized to call the PDML print code with all the
fields.  It is very easy to "flatten" the hierarchy and choose what to
keep.  It is possible that the CSV print code is easier to modify and may
do what you want with no modification.  Either that mode did not exist
when I started working my own modifications, or I just was clueless about
where to get flattened data.

Thanks, I don't want to modify Wireshark. I will have to parse this XML
output to take only what I need.

--
Andy