Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: I want to pop up a window when http dissector dissect some kind of payload

From: Douglas Wood <doug.wood () ieee org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:35:11 -0500

I am just guessing, but sometimes it would be nice to see the http payload without the hex dump and formatted kind of
nicely.

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 14, 2010, at 12:21 AM, Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com> wrote:

On 12/13/2010 10:41 PM, 刘昆 wrote:
If I want to pop up a window when http dissector dissect some kind of
payload,where can I write the gtk code ?

As Guy Harris already indicated to you when you asked this question
previously:

  "You should solve the problem by not using GUI functions in
   packet-http.c.  Wireshark does not support GUI functions in
   dissectors, and never will."

   "Try to do whatever you're trying to do with a tap, instead.  You
    *can* perform GUI operations in taps."

Why do you want to pop up a window ? What information are you trying to
display ?