Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: I want to pop up a window when http dissector dissect some kind of payload

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:21:36 -0500

On 12/13/2010 10:41 PM, 刘昆 wrote:
If I want to pop up a window when http dissector dissect some kind of
payload,where can I write the gtk code ?

As Guy Harris already indicated to you when you asked this question
previously:

   "You should solve the problem by not using GUI functions in
    packet-http.c.  Wireshark does not support GUI functions in
    dissectors, and never will."

    "Try to do whatever you're trying to do with a tap, instead.  You
     *can* perform GUI operations in taps."

Why do you want to pop up a window ? What information are you trying to
display ?