Wireshark mailing list archives

Capturing packets on 'loopback' on Win7?

From: Jeffrey Schmidt <schmidtj () seapine com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:14:57 -0400

Hello,

   Is it possible to start a capture on the loopback interface on Windows 7? I have a client and server both running on
the same machine which I've Installed Wireshark on. However, it appears that I cannot capture that 'local' traffic -
only packets sent and received by the physical Ethernet device on my computer?

Jeff Schmidt
QA Analyst

Seapine Software, Inc. | Be Quality Ready
5412 Courseview Dr., Suite 200, Mason, OH 45040
Phone: 513.701.1551 | Fax: 513.754.1660
www.seapine.com<http://www.seapine.com/>

Join Seapine's Agile Expedition. Learn more @ www.seapine.com/AgileExpedition<http://www.seapine.com/AgileExpedition>