WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Secret Sharing

From: saghar estehghari <s.estehghari () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:48:31 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a project which involves security of the cloud data.

The scenario is as follows:

Users A and B have registered to a cloud service (cloud assumed to be
semi-trusted). A and B both have secret keys (KA and KB) (for
symmetric encryption) and public keys (PKA and PKB) on the cloud
server. KA and KB are each encrypted with the passwords of A and B.

Now consider A wants to share a file F that is encrypted with key K (K
is generate randomly by A). Now K should be shared securely with B
over the cloud (we consider that B is not online at the time of
sharing). To do this one option would be encrypting K with PKB which
should be decrypted by B when he gets online. However this option
seems to be complicated for my client.

I was wondering whether you have better options in mind that could help me.
Please let me know if the explantation is not clear.

Thanks

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus