WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Secret Sharing

From: Nir Izraeli <nirizr () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:04:19 +0300

On 8/1/13 7:01 PM, Jamie Riden wrote:
The answer is, I can't think of a better way of doing it. I
believe this is how EFS, etc. work - you have a single symmetric
encryption key and you encrypt this with the public key of anyone
who you want to be able to read the file.

+1.

One note though: you should get the PK{A,B} directly from the client
and not from the cloud service, if you want to avoid trusting the
cloud. the way you described it lets the cloud service hand out it's
own public key and then encrypt with B's PK afterwards.

But it's been a while since I read up on this, so I suggest you do
a sanity check.

cheers, Jamie

On 1 August 2013 15:48, saghar estehghari <s.estehghari () gmail com>