WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: SWF assesment

From: Paul Theriault <Paul.Theriault () stratsec net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:33:53 +1000

Pretty sure SWFScan will not do that. SWFScan is a SWF decompiler (one of the few that handles AS3), and static code
analysis tool.
As someone previously suggested though, you can decompile, copy and paste the functions you are interested in into your
own new file, and then go nuts. Obviously depends on how complex the app is etc.

As for your request, I don't know of such a tool(if it does I would also be very interested in it).

You might want to look at the various debuggers that are available for flash. Never seen such a function but that isn't
to say it doesn't exist. The flashsec wiki has an excellent list of flash related software:
https://www.flashsec.org/wiki/Software

Also Burp Pro now supports proxying AMF if your app happens to use that:
http://releases.portswigger.net/2009/08/v1214.html

Good Luck!