WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Pen Test Honeypot

From: Mathias Huber <mhuber () linuxnewmedia de>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:20:57 +0200

Dear John,

What I need is a web application that has known security issues. I would
prefer one that was intentionally written to have scanners pointed to it
for testing the scanners.

though written for a slightly different purpose, OWASP's WebGoat might
be what you are looking for:

'WebGoat is a deliberately insecure J2EE web application maintained by
OWASP designed to teach web application security lessons.'

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_WebGoat_Project

HTH,
Mathias
--
Mathias Huber, stellv. Chefredakteur Linux-Magazin Online
Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, D-81739 Muenchen