WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [Webappsec] Tacking A Difficult Problem - Solutions HTTP Response Splitting

From: Amit Klein <aksecurity () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 02:38:02 +0200

James Landis wrote:
I tested local HTTPRS caching on whatever browsers were available in July 2005 with no success. I can't imagine browsers are getting worse about it than better, but I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from trying to make sure.

I'm sure I managed to do that in my lab, back in 2004, for IE6 SP1. And Alex/kuza55 published his results from experimenting with the issue in February 2007 (http://kuza55.blogspot.com/2007/02/http-response-splitting-attacks-without.html), where he says he poisoned the cache of IE (I suppose IE6 SP2) and Opera8.

Perhaps I can try to help you to reproduce HTTP Response Splitting -> browser cache poisoning?

-Amit