WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Enumerate Web Virtual Site

From: scott <redhowlingwolves () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:34:47 -0400

Sheryl wrote:
Interesting.  I wasn't aware of that option before.  Thanks.

I tried this and tried the domaintools site and discovered that something
rather odd is going on with my web hosting.  I own 43 domains, all of them
pointed at subdirectories of one web account.  You'd think (or at least
I'd think) they'd all be the same IP.  Turns out they don't resolve that
way.  A small random selection turned up all on different IPs, on 3
different subnets.  Perhaps some kind of load balancing is going on and
distorting the results?

Sheryl

msn search for "ip:192.168.2.2" (without the quotes and replace the ip
with yours ).