WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Ruby On Rails 1.1.5 Released to Address Critical Vulnerability

From: bugtraq () cgisecurity net
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:33:17 -0400 (EDT)

From their blog

"We're still hard at work on Rails 1.2, which features all the new dandy REST stuff and more, but a
serious security concern has come to our attention that needed to be addressed sooner than the release
of 1.2 would allow. So here's Rails 1.1.5!

This is a MANDATORY upgrade for anyone not running on a very recent edge (which isn't affected by this).
If you have a public Rails site, you MUST upgrade to Rails 1.1.5. The security issue is severe and you do
not want to be caught unpatched.

The issue is in fact of such a criticality that we're not going to dig into the specifics. No need to
arm would-be assalients."

Blog URL: http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/

- Robert
http://www.cgisecurity.com/ Website Security, and Application Security News