WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Parameter fuzzing and forced browsing

From: indianwhitehathacker () yahoo com
Date: 9 Aug 2006 14:26:59 -0000

I was going through the OWASP Top Ten Guide and I came across these terms:-

1. Parameter fuzzing
2. Forced browsing

What are these? Is forced browsing something like an attempt to access a resource that I am not supposed to access by
putting the direct link with the necessary parameter values in a hope that may be in that page the authentication is
broken?

Also, I read about fuzzers. Can someone throw light on what are fuzzers?