WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: OS XSS and SQL scanner

From: "Burke, Charles" <Charles_Burke () HomeDepot com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:23:27 -0400

Dean,
This sounds like a good debate for an upcoming chapter meeting!

I have lead SDLC efforts for commercial software and retail software
companies.
You must perform code reviews and TMs when building commercial software
(apples)
But if my team is developing a specialty eBusiness application that must
be online ASAP to capture
Millions in sales (oranges)? I must trust my pen tester.

I know that you get the most benefit from code reviews, TM, and process
change!
Question is when and where do you invest the $?