WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Is logoff feature necessary

From: "Dave Ferguson" <gmdavef () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:32:30 -0500

Closing the browser doesn't do anything on the server side, unless
there's some sort of ugliness with javascript going on.  If a
server-side session is being created, you definitely want to have a
Logout function - and make sure it invalidates/deletes the session. I've looked at too many apps where you logout, then use your browser's
back button, and you can start using the app again!  Anyway, if there
is authentication happening (i.e., username and password inputs),
users are going to expect a Logout button and will complain or wonder
why there isn't one.

Dave Ferguson

On 2 May 2006 07:41:02 -0000, test.future () gmail com