WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Please Review a Diffie Hellman diagram

From: Jason Murray <jmurray () disillusion ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 17:03:29 -0500

It demonstrates things clearly to me. My suggestions are to either explain why Evil Eve can't determine the key given what she knows, or get rid of the Evil Eve column entirely. I think the latter is the better option. Explain the key exchange first, then explain why it works and why Eve can't break it in a separate diagram.

Saqib Ali wrote:
Please review the following visual depiction of Diffie Hellman Key Exchange:

http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/index.php?action=viewtopic&id=196

I would like to recieve corrections, or ideas on how to improve the
diagram so it is self-explanatory.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP
http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/

Watchfire's AppScan is the industry's first and leading web application security testing suite, and the only solution to provide comprehensive remediation tasks at every level of the application. See for yourself. Download AppScan 6.0 today.

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000003Ssh