WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Cross Site Cooking

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () dione ids pl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:02:02 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Amit Klein (AKsecurity) wrote:

I tried setting a cookie for .com.pl, and I failed (that is, the browser
did not respect it). If you set a cookie for .kom.pl, it will be OK (if
you're in .kom.pl domain, that is).

Amit,

Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape are vulnerable to this flaw (and probably so is
Konqueror). You are right in regard to MSIE 6, however - my apologies.

I tested the vulnerability with *.com.pl for Firefox, and then followed up
with a quicker test for *.ids.pl with MSIE, assuming it wouldn't implement
such a kludge - my bad.

So, to sum up - the first bug applies to Mozilla-based browsers, but not
to MSIE; the other two bugs apply to all browsers.

/mz