WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: Re: Suggestion: email anti-spoof measure on web site

From: mike () sharecube com
Date: 20 Jan 2006 19:31:49 -0000

True, there is a Send Page, but not if you have hotmail, yahoo, or google mail. Also, in a brief survey I made, 100% of
the medium technical people I asked (all work for high tech companies) did not know about and obviously have never used
this feature. They liked and have used send friend feature in other web sites.

I agree that send freidn service can be exploited as you have pointed out. I disagree that it must be shut down. Good
checks should be recommended.

Mike