WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: PCI DSS Compliance

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:23:00 +1100

The entire document and all associated pages.

An automated, not verified process does not meet the scaning/testing requirements. It is thus entirely irrelivant to
the discussion as it will not help you be compliant.

All up for "simple systems" and low volume site requiring low level testing have still over 100 pages of requirement
documents. The summary of 12 points is not the entire process. There are separate scan and testing processed that need
to be done.

Application tests need to be done.
A method to ensure that all systems are single use need to be implemented
etc etc

As stated - this is for Low volume simple sites. More detailed sites need to be formally audited to a level that make a
SAS 70 part 2 look simple.

CardSystems was never compliant for example as they never had a valid test as per the PCI DSS.

Craig