WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: HTTP REFERER not set in Internet Explorer

From: "drm" <drm () e-netaudit com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 07:00:56 +1030

I have to agree don't rely on anything from the client for security.   But
for your referrer test - it does work, sort of :)

- result output from IE 6
Click Here;
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xml-dev.com%2Fblog%
2Freferer_test.php%3Faction%3Doutput&meta

Put http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/referer_test.php?action=output  into Google,
then click on the 'if URL is valid' link

The problem might be just the way you redirect IE

-DM