WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re[2]: looking for stats

From: Matt Szubrycht <matt () bmihosting com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:56:50 -0700

Hello Eoin,

Watch out, SEO spin doctors may jump on this and some of us be in for a
rough ride ;)

Great Weekend Everyone,
Matts

Friday, August 26, 2005, 8:07:14 AM, you wrote:

I've seen terms like:

Vulnerability assessment.
Application Risk assessment.
Security quality assessment.
Application exploit analysis
Tiger team testing
black hat analysis
poo testing

On 26/08/05, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net> wrote:
The trick is that researchers do not use the word "hacking".

I know I don't use the term as it widely and incorrectly used. As we
cannot claim the word back from the media, I do not use it. With
consistent effort on our part, maybe "hacker" will end up like
"prithee" or "apothecary" and other out of favor words.

thanks,
Andrew