WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: keyloggers? - dont doit

From: "lyal.collins" <lyal.collins () key2it com au>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 13:37:55 +1000

SSL falls to spoofed certs/trust lists and or DNS poisoning to create MITM
attacks.
Cybercafes can run their own DNS and routing mechanisms, enabling the latter.
They run and manage their own browsers and trusted cert lists, enabing a fake
 'root CA" cert to be laoded into browsers, enabing the former.

SSL is a dead duck in every environment unless DNS is known to be 100%
accurate, and no ARP sppofing  tricks are happening.

yal

On Apr 6, 2005 7:23 AM, Alvin Oga