WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: What is more secure?

From: blackhat <phazex86 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:57:47 -0800

are you asking if it's better to use a port forwarding capability of a
router, or sending off internal ip addresses, cause if that's the case
I would stronly suggest port forwarding. One: most routers don't allow
people outside of the network to specify which internal IP the data is
to be sent to, because this would completely throw off the dhcp
functionality alltogether.

Hope this helps