WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SSO & 2FA deployments

From: dc <secmon () electricalchemy org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:05:44 +0000

Daniel,

I haven't had much experience w/ the CA product. However, in the past I've used Siteminder (netegrity) to roll out access ctrl for web apps using strong authentication. Netegrity's authentication partner list is fairly impressive:

http://www.netegrity.com/partners/partners.cfm?page=TPcategory&categoryId=12

and as the Siteminder product is fairly mature, the level of integration w/ their auth partners is quite comprehensive.

The fact that CA is in the final stages of acquiring Netegrity may show that Entrust's getAccess product has some serious competition.

[d]

Daniel wrote:
hi all,

Can anyone here give some insight into Simple Sign On and Two Factor
Auth deployment experiences with web applications.
We were chatting to CA yesterday about their SSO/WAC solution and it
seems like a brilliant product, but obviously i'd like to hear real
world experiences.

How have people deployed this technology into their web app farms?

Daniel