WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SSO & 2FA deployments

From: Earl.Perkins () metagroup com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 13:07:40 -0600

CA's solution is not too bad, but Netegrity's SiteMinder, which
CA just acquired, is recognized by many, including META Group, as
the leader in the access management/web single sign-on space,
followed closely by RSA ClearTrust, IBM Tivoli Access Manager and
Oblix CoreID. If they were referring to their recent SiteMinder
acquisition when they were talking to you, I would agree. If not,
would suggest you consider the above products first.

Earl L. Perkins
Vice President, Security & Risk Strategies
Technology Research Services
META Group, Inc.     http://www.metagroup.com
earl.perkins () metagroup com
Voice: 504-362-0291   Fax: 925-889-2523

META Group --- Return On Intelligence*
=========================
*A service mark of META Group, Inc.

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Daniel          |
|         |           <deeper () gmail co|
|         |           m>              |
|         |                           |
|         |           12/03/2004 09:47|
|         |           AM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to Daniel       |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                               |
  |        To:      webappsec () securityfocus com                                                   |
  |        cc:                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: SSO & 2FA deployments                                                         |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

hi all,

Can anyone here give some insight into Simple Sign On and Two
Factor
Auth deployment experiences with web applications.
We were chatting to CA yesterday about their SSO/WAC solution and
it
seems like a brilliant product, but obviously i'd like to hear
real
world experiences.

How have people deployed this technology into their web app
farms?

Daniel

Recruit, train, and retain the IT staff you need to run your
business.

   The 2004 IT Staffing & Compensation Guide is now available!

Comprehensive salary and compensation information for over 170 IT
 positions as well as the latest trends and best practices in IT
                      workforce management.

        Visit: http://www.metagroup.com/productinfo/44245