WebApp Sec mailing list archives

ActiveX controls within an Intranet Environment

From: Marian Fitzgerald <Marian.Fitzgerald012 () msd govt nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:48:57 +1300

Hello all,

I am carrying out a risk assessment on an application that we are looking to deploy internally - however there is a dependency on ActiveX by the app. I am constantly receiving security updates on the vulnerabilities associated with using ActiveX but would like to be able to quantify the risks appropriately. Could you offer any input on this?

Thank you
Marian

This email message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the person(s) or entity(entities) to whom it is addressed. The information it contains may be classified as IN CONFIDENCE and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of the message or attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us immediately and destroy it and any attachment(s).
Thank you. The Ministry of Social Development accepts no
responsibility for changes made to this message or to any
attachment(s) after transmission from the Ministry.