WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Hacking/security in main-stream media

From: Vlado Blaskov <blaskov () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:56:59 +0300

Takedown - http://imdb.com/title/tt0159784/

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:00:55 -0400, Mike Andrews <mike () se fit edu> wrote:
A bit off the wall, but as good a place to post this as any :)

I'm writing a tutorial/courseware on security (both basic topics and
programming) and I'm looking for clips from movies or tv to introduce
subjects - I've found that videos work well with introductions and short
breaks to getting the audience in the right frame of mind (as well as
getting them relaxed).  So far I have the following....

Jurassic Park - insider threat (the programmer gets the system to bypass
security while he steals the DNA/embryos)

Sneakers - Cryptography (when the team discovers it's a crypto box they
have)

The Net - Personally identifiable information (main characters personal
information is deleted)

War Games - [Not sure yet, not managed to pickup the film]

Hackers - [Not sure yet, not managed to pickup the film]

Any other suggestions?  I'm only wanting short (5min) sections, but I'm
willing to edit bit's out if needed.

Cheers,
Mike.

----