WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Recent App Test

From: Bill Pennington <bill.pennington () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:13:09 -0700

Look at the source of the page, more than likely the url parameter is
being shoved into a frame or iframe and therefore your browser is
making the request.

One of the main issues with this is that you can spoof content. Like
if the site has a login you could dupe that page on your site, point
to it with the url parameter, then collect usernames and passwords. Or
just put up pictures of Britney Spears, the choose is yours :-)

On 18 Aug 2004 08:04:44 -0000, ramatkal () hotmail com