WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Reviewing security parameters

From: "Auri A. Rahimzadeh" <Auri () auri net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:40:33 -0500

Do you guys think this script is safe?

Wow, that's a tough one. Since we're not looking at your code, I could
only bring up a few items:

1) When can we see the code? :)
2) Who's coming up with the "random" number? Is it session ID? Is it
your own randomizer? If the latter, what's the seed so that it isn't
guessable?
3) What prevents people from DoSing you by sending corrupted session
data for a particular user ID and disconnecting legitimate users from
your system (you made it all-or-nothing)?
4) Watch out for the usual: sql injections, watching string lengths,
validating data types, etc. etc. That Secure Coding 2 book from
Microsoft has a lot of good stuff in it for all developers.
5) When can we see the code? :)

Best,

-Auri Rahimzadeh

---