WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: SQL Injection

From: "Mutallip Ablimit" <mutax () insi co jp>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:35:51 +0900

Hi folks,

As we know "input validation" is effective to protect against all of the
attacks which caused by the malicious user input. Like xss, sql injections
etc.
But it couldn't be an absolute solution for those attacks.

Output validation,  as Jeff Williams wrote, protect against attacks pointed
to the
client(browser), like XSS. But I think it is not just limited to xss like
attacks.
It also realize some protections for other attacks too. Like Web cash
poisoning
by HTTP response splitting.

please refer to :

"HTTP Response Splitting, Web Cache Poisoning Attacks, and Related Topics"
White Paper
by Amit Klein, Director of Security and Research, Sanctum, Inc.

Regards,

Mutallip Ablimit
---
mutax () insi co jp