WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Security Testing

From: "Jeff Williams @ Aspect" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 15:32:27 -0500

I agree with Kevin about independence and objectivity of the security
reviewers and testers.  You should include application policy development
and developer training into your process, so that developers understand
what's expected of their code.

If you're already a CMM type organization, you might be interested in the
System Security Engineering CMM (www.sse-cmm.org). It may help you figure
out how to include basic security risk management practices into your
development process.

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
Aspect Security, Inc.