Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Allchin bug p-o-c.

From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:56:13 +0000

Here's p-o-c code for the allchin vulnerability. It allows you to write a (fairly) arbitrary DWORD to a (also fairly) arbitrary address in the memory space of mqsvc.exe on a remote w2k server. It should be straightforward enough to turn that into any kind of remote shell sploit using the standard well known techniques (e.g. overwrite an exception handler) but I haven't done so yet.

Interestingly enough, this works on sp2 but sp4 seems to be immune; I haven't tested sp3. I say 'interesting', because I can't find any reference to this bug having been fixed in the lists of bugs fixed in those service packs, but it's definitely been whacked in some way by sp4....

  cheers,
      DaveK

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger