Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Vendor Changelogs /Notifications

From: "Craig, Scott" <SCraig () kmart com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:59:51 -0400

IMHO, I think you should take over the role of the vendor by posting to this
list.

1) If you discovered the vulnerability and can exploit it, verify that their
patch does indeed fix it.

2) Post to the mailing list(s) and mimic a vendor bulletin including
description, impact, severity, and note the fix/workaround. Also mention you
have a working exploit which will be published in a couple days.

3) Wait a couple days, post the detailed vulnerability information.

You may want to post to vuln-dev first, and get the results from other
people to see if there are other circumstances that affect whether or not
someone is vulnerable. Maybe someone else could have a twist on it as well.