Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: /instmsg/alias/annoying_web_logs ;)

From: zeno <bugtraq () cgisecurity net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:10:46 -0400 (EDT)

--=-JDGRKxNXGaJQ/wbvHyBY

Exchange and MSN Messanger are the top leads so far. :> Someone install
MSN Messanger and find out! (Doesn't ANYONE run that thing?) :>

-dave

Here is a good question. we know it is sending GET requests to a webserver. I assume IIS must have
something setup to get queries and forward to the messaging client? What if IIS isn't installed does
something else answer it, if so what?

- zeno () cgisecurity com