Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: TOTAL WIRELESS SECURITY

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:45:07 -0500

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:37:02 EST, George Capehart said:

Faraday cages and Tempest shields aren't.  Most institutions that I know
of that are serious about that solve the problem by RF-proofing the
areas they want to protect.  Try using a cell phone or pager in some
sensitive areas of some of the larger banks . . .  ;-)

Somebody else in private mail mentioned a hospital ICU - if the threat
model is "interference with a heart monitor", a Faraday cage doesn't do
much good....

As I said - without knowing more about the threat model, we can't really
help the original poster much...
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Computer Systems Senior Engineer