Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: Mariusz Mazur <mariusz () isn pl>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:35:39 +0200

On Wednesday 01 May 2002 22:38, Michael Cunningham wrote:
Folks,

I assume half the mailing list is going to be driving
around their towns tonight scanning for this problem. I
know I will. I am not about to give my credit card to a
store that cant even keep the number secure.

Might I suggest we begin reporting confirmed stores and the
issues found here so the media can get the word out effectivily.
The more names that are listed here means more pressure the
general public and the media will place on these stores to
rapidly fix the problem. Obviously this mailing list is read
by many in the underground community. I am sure many will
begin scanning almost immediatly if they aren't already.
A rapid response by the security community might prevent
widespread identity theft.

Would be nice if someone could suggest a rather neutral database for
gathering such information. CERT? SecurityFocus (Blue Boar?)?

--
"If you want to help - do only what you are capable of. Doing miracles leave
to others" - kloczek