Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications

From: "Ryan Verner" <xfesty () computeraddictions com au>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:04:29 +0930

If you could install Linux on an Xbox, which has a harddisk unlike
Dreamcast where you have to load the OS everytime you boot, you might have
a problem. In anycase Xbox is a kind of a PC anyway and would be

If someone wants to hack up their Xbox to do something other than what the
manafacturer (Microsoft) intended, then I don't think any "Security
Implications" are really much of a concern in context.  It isn't their
problem.  Its your problem, as the one who modified the equimpment.

Besides, I'm sure installing Linux would break the warranty - enough said.

Ryan

--
:: Ryan Verner           xfesty/irc.oublinet.net ::
:: ICQ 76626240       MSN dev.festy () start com au ::

       "Spiral out.  Keep going, going..."

: RE: Online Games Consoles and Security Implications