Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: about cookies

From: quentyn () fotango com
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:23:52 +0100

Greg Hunt wrote:

The audiogalaxy satellite itself also sends your username/password in cleartext, I think >we're just supposed to
assume it's not secure. The only attacks I can think of if you know >the username/password is a DoS attack by filling
the user's hard drive with mp3s.

well so long as they are not country and western :o)

what might be more of an issue is if people use the same password or
series of passwords for loads of apps.

if you could put mp3's on someone else's HDD there might be an
interesting legal standpoint as well but IANAL

--
Quentyn Taylor