Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Thinking about Security rules...

From: David Hawley <drhunix () netscape net>
Date: 14 May 2002 20:23:51 -0000

Any thoughts on this?  Anyone seen a white paper on
such a set of rules?

David,

actually this reminds me of the "Defense-in-Depth" concept
applied to network/system security, but i may be wrong ;)
have a look at this one in the meantime :
http://rr.sans.org/start/primer.php

cheers
Fred

Fred, A GREAT white paper, really liked it!  That is very
much the kind of thing I'm trying to research, only we want
to know if anyone has ever written about automating the
whole thing.  In other words has anyone ever written a white
paper about putting together the "glue" to automate all
those elements to work together, proactively?

David