Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: New Binary Bruteforcing Method Discovered

From: "Kurt Seifried" <bugtraq () seifried org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:10:00 -0700

You also forgot Fuzz From Ben Woodward:

http://fuzz.sourceforge.net/

And this will only uncover common things like buffer overflows, and length
limited stuff like variables, what is needed is a much more intelligent tool
that can also throw env. variables at it, format strings, etc, etc, until
then this testing is useful, but extremely limited (mostly to "98% of vendor
A's software crashed when we ran fuzz against it, 96% of vendor B's software
crashed, therefore vendor B is better we think").

Kurt Seifried, kurt () seifried org
A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
http://seifried.org/security/