Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem with xkill

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 04:59:42 -0500

I guess the real question is did your friend indeed type xhost + yourbox or was it already set as xhost + for him due to a bad default entry in an X config file? This has happened in the past ... SGI was real bad about it and I think it was even encouraged at one time for the sharing of graphical apps. Mandrake and SCO have had the same issue recently.

-KF

Ron DuFresne wrote:

But, to get this to work, you first had to take control of the other users
X window display, so the controls must not be strict enough if this
was able to be done.

I think this is what Valdis.Kletnieks was trying to tell you.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne