Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Problem with xkill

From: Michel Arboi <arboi () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:08:30 +0100 (CET)

 --- anthony gruppuso <agruppus () jcals army mil> a écrit :
I understand that, we use a very strict host access control list here
on all Xserver based devices/products

Obviously not, as you could connect to another display.

I just thought it was interesting that xkill behaved in that manner.
Initally I was under the impression that it would function like a
graphical kill, but apparently that is not the case.

I'm not sure what you call "graphical kill", but once the connection tp
the X server is cut, there is nothing than the client can do, apart
from saving its data and exiting nicely.
Most client just die on SIGPIPE.