Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: How to hide a file ?

From: "Altheide, Cory" <CAltheide () broadband att com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 12:00:55 -0700

I understand what you're saying, and don't feel slighted at all. :)

I probably didn't make it clear, but my intention was just to point out that
if the original poster was going to use ADSs to hide his data, he may want
to be aware that he is altering the modified time of the parent file, which
could *possibly* arouse some suspicion.

I don't think from an administrative mindset, so I can't say what an admin
would look for.  In a cursory investigation though, I personally would check
MAC times very early on.

Cory Altheide
Internet Security Coordinator
AT&T Broadband Legal Demands Center