Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Complicated Disclosure Scenario

From: "Giurgiu Sergiu" <sgiurgiu () terra tim webquote com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:31:30 +0200

Well ,
my opinion is that you should make your discovery public. Arguments:
1. You already informed the vendor.
2. The vendor seemes to ignore you.
3. Those who can (afforde) can stop using that product.
4. Maybe somebody else can discover a way to protect yourself (disable some
settings, etc.)
5. As you said, it's inevitable that somebody else would discover the bug
(maybe he/she did already), and use it to do harm.
6. Anybody can defend better when they know the vulnerability.
7........ and maybe more others reasons.