Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Firewall-1 and ISA D.o.S.

From: <overclocking_a_la_abuela () hotmail com>
Date: 18 Feb 2002 12:45:52 -0000

Hi Dom,

I know that you can increase the connections
managed by the kernel of FW-1, I will increase it to
50.000 ( some time ago CheckPoint said to me that it
was the limit... ), but I think the problem is not on that
feature. When I send packets , I send always the
same packet ( same source port, same dest port,
same source address, same dest address , same
sequence number, ... ) so , do you think FW-1 tracks
every packet received as a new connection, or it only
refresh it state table as there was only one
connection ?
Moreover, ippacket generates packets at a very high
rate, and I do not believe FW-1 ( and many other
firewalls ) is able to manage this flood of SYN
requests.

I will try to allocate more memory in the firewall..., but
I´m sure that it will not solve the problem ( maybe on
a P-IV with 1GB of RAM ... ).

"RTFM" ---> Yes, I read it loooong time ago, ... have
you at least tried to apply the D.o.S. that I describe ?

Hugo Vázquez Caramés
Security Consultant