Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Bug in Apache 1.3.20 Server - Hackemate Research

From: "Bloed" <bloed () pandora be>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:46:46 +0200

The files in tmp starting with sess_ are files used to keep info about
sessions used in ja apache (php)... the unique id after sess_ is the id
the user gets when he starts a session with his browser

Like you can see, the sess_ files permissions are -rw------- for user
root or www-data (like ja apache is installed)
All other users can't read the info (non of the same group nor the other
users)

only the user running the apache server itself
so show me where the security leak is ?
I think its normal that apach itself can read the file and no one else
can!

grtz,
bloed