Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SSH 2.4.0/3.0.1 usernames guessable ?

From: Marco van Berkum <m.v.berkum () obit nl>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:25:43 +0200

quentyn () fotango com wrote:

This does appear to be the default in both configs

I saw this in ssh2.40 an assumed that I was going mad ;o) (then promptly
forgot about it)

:)

I can confirm your results in rh 6.2 - 7.1

you could set

        PasswordGuesses                 3

Would not help in my first example, it quits after 1 illegal user login
attempt.

to 1 (annoying) in the /etc/sshd2/sshd_config

I would report this to the people at ssh.com as they will respond (in my
experience) quickly

Yes, does anyone have the adres where to send this to ?

grtz,
Marco van Berkum

--
GCC dpu s:--- a- C+++ US++++ P++ L+++ E---- W N o-- K w---