Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Civil Disobedience

From: Chip Mefford <cmefford () avwashington com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:21:44 -0400

On 2001.10.15 13:41 Felix von Leitner wrote:
Thus spake John Thornton (jthornton () hackersdigest com):
 I ask each and every one of you to join me in this
protest.

Talk to your representatives about this!  Explain to them
that this law
makes it impossible to learn computer security from the
ground up, which
means that there will be no more qualified new computer
security people
in ten years, which means all the good security companies
will not be in
the USA, which means less jobs, less taxes and more
poverty.

And a considerably more hostile computing environment, at
least
in the US.

Felix