Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

re: weird Windows 2000/XP bug

From: ALoR <Alor () iol it>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 00:14:00 +0100

At 19.47 30-10-2001, awe () centrum cz wrote:
Hi,
I've traced this and problem is in API function WriteFile, further
in some NT internal call (int 2E), it only occurs when console is

I've traced it with the VC++ debugger and it crasched on ExitProcess() after the printf.
but the really amazing thing is that debugging it another time let me no crash.
again and it crashed in the CRT I/O routines.

I can't find the exact point of failure.
it seems to me that the effect is in some way random... Infact not always the machine restart or crash, sometime it closes the application succesfully.

I'll debug it better tomorrow.

bye

 ettercap project : http://ettercap.sourceforge.net
 e-mail: alor (at) users (dot) sourceforge (dot) net